Sales taxes are complex and routinely inconsistently applied from state to state and even within the same state. Many goods and services are subject to sales taxes, but with several exceptions to their application. When reviewing your products and services which should have sales taxes applied, you should consider such things as whether they are:
- Intrastate or Interstate in nature
- Will be resold to an end user customer
- Are for building repair or new construction
- Where is the service being delivered
- Whether the recipient may be an exempt organization
Kiesling Associates has extensive experience in sales tax rules and specializes in the application for communications services. If you would like assistance in reviewing your sales tax billings please contact your Kiesling Associates representative.
Sales Tax Summary